Monday, August 22, 2011

Wait, is that a Wild Giraffe?

This has to be a quick post. I’m not sure how long I’ll have my internet access tonight and I’m told it will be questionable for the next couple of days.

Here is the recap from the day. We drove to Dareda hospital where we met doctors and medical professionals working with us in the AIDS Relief program.

I also met a woman named Sophia who has been HIV positive since 2003 and has fallen on hard times in the past two months. She is currently getting treatment at Dareda through the IMA supported program.

Her story is compelling and deserves much more time than I have tonight. I’ll share that with you when I return from this trip.

However, I can share my favorite photo from the drive today.

At the end of the day, just before we made it back to our hotel our group came across a wild giraffe, actually I think we saw a total of five.

This guy was fairly close and he didn’t seem alarmed that we stopped to take some photos. He was unfazed as he kept snacking on the tree.

Tomorrow is a long drive day, but we will be crossing the Serengeti Park so I have a feeling my next post will showcase more photos of wild animals.

Until next time…

No comments: