Thursday, September 1, 2011

Gearing up for Kilimanjaro

It's time to get down to business. I'm writing this while driving through the mountains of Rwanda. We're running later than expected due to a delay while crossing the border from the DRC.

There were no real problems, but apparently Rwanda has a law barring plastic bags. Customs officers searched all of our luggage, pulling every plastic bag among our group.

I orginally thought I'd have more time in Kigali but it looks like I need to go directly to the airport.

If there are no surprises, I should arrive at the base of Mt. Kilimanjaro tonight at midnight, grab a few hours of sleep, and start the climb tomorrow morning.

I'll continue to post short messages as long as my phone has battery life and cell service.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Chris! Hope the climb will be an easy one for you.
Esther (IMA Colleague).